Proudly, we present you the 4Industry Elgon release! This release contains major changes to the look and feel of the desktop version, along with several mobile improvements and new features.
Curious about the previous release, Nevado? Check it here.
New desktop features
Tab structure in RCA functionality
The tab structure in the RCA functionality has made toggling between windows a lot easier and provides more overview.
Other new features:
- Playbook tab – allows you to easily define flows per analysis type (BDA, RCA, etc.)
- Validate button in 5xWhy – helps you organize and exclude possible Why’ s from the analysis
UX alignment between desktop & mobile
We’ve aligned the following desktop user experiences with its mobile counterpart:
- Assessment Management
- Equipment Management
- Knowledge Builder
The new Knowledge Templates functionality makes creating content slices easier through a preset template. This helps to structure knowledge better.
The Knowledge Base now has a card-like view that supports feature images of knowledge articles, assessments, jobs, etc.
We’ve also consolidated all knowledge-related features in a single place. From here, you can easily create a new knowledge article, maintenance plan, assessment definition, etc. via the blue button in the upper right corner.
The improved Knowledge Viewer now supports viewing knowledge articles with either text, images or video content slices.
The user-friendly home screen that we all know from mobile, is now also available on desktop!
New mobile features
From the 4Industry Elgon release onwards, our product fully complies to the WCAG v2 (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines).
Some of the things we’ve updated are:
- Record states are indicated by icon, color and text (1.3 Adaptable)
- Design contrast ratio complies to the WCAG standard (1.4 Distinguishable)
- Enabled enlarging of font size in the mobile app (1.4 Distinguishable)
- All designs have clear navigation indicators (2.4 Navigable)
- Introduced UXF for easier navigation (3.2 Predictable)
- And more!
Android & iOS alignment
When we first released 4Industry, it was an iOS only platform. Both Android and iOS functionality and design have now been completely aligned to ensure a smooth experience on both device types.
Home card icon support
We’ve extended the support of home card icons to 5395!
More to come in 2022!
Now that the 4Industry Elgon release is out, we’re already working on the next release.
This is what we’ve got planned for 2022:
- New Task Planner, Builder and Executor for Grouped Tasks
- Dynamic simple tasks
- New Assessment Builder
- Targets for questions