Implementing a digital manufacturing platform: a 5-step approach
This intuitive roadmap describes the process of implementing a connect worker/digital manufacturing platform in your factories. It consists of five successive steps, starting at a preliminary planning phase and ending up at the point at which the integrated platform can start contributing to a factory’s improvement efforts.
The steps are based on several years of experience in implementing our own digital manufacturing platform in large-scale manufacturing operations. We believe they form the most effective and intuitive path a manufacturer can take toward successfully integrating the platform of their choice.
- Make sure the purpose of the new platform is crystal clear
- Start small with a trial, then carefully plan your expansion strategy
- Commitment from factory leadership is key to success
- Actively stimulate workers to use the new platform (e.g. through gamification)
- Ensure you make optimal use of the platform (let your platform provider tell you how)